London Hotels Insight is all about inside information to help you enjoy a great stay in London by securing the best hotel for your budget.
But it’s also fun (and cheaper!) to hang out in London’s top hotels even if you’re not actually staying there. So we’ve crafted our “top 10” list of super London hotel experiences to have a great time from dawn to dusk!
We’ve chosen an area where we think a specific hotel is “best in class” – though this is clearly our editorial view and not everyone will agree.
WARNING: this list assumes that you enjoy good food and drink…
1. Start your day on the right footing with an early-morning workout at the Sofitel St James gym, followed by a wonderfully-relaxing Sha Chair session.
2. Take breakfast at the Cavendish, London’s greenest hotel. Not only is the food eco-friendly (sourced mostly from local suppliers) but reviewers on TripAdvisor constantly give its breakfast rave reviews for quality too.
3. Enjoy a coffee or smoothie at One Aldwych lobby bar. This is the place where owner Gordon Campbell Gray famously insists on “silent ice”. It’s the original “modern classic” hotel – others are merely pale imitations!
4. Grab lunch at Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley, a hotel also noted for its impressive spa. While London has many restaurants, this is currently the highest-rated hotel eatery on TripAdvisor: it’s expensive but lunch is the ideal time to indulge in its fixed-price lunch. An alternative is London’s only Michelin 3 star hotel restaurant: Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester.
7. Enjoy a pre-dinner drink at the 28th floor “Galvin at Windows” bar at the Hilton on Park Lane and watch the sun set over London.
8. Eat a Thai dinner (if you have any room left!) at Nahm in the Halkin – one of London’s most innovative Thai restaurants. The hotel ain’t bad either – it’s currently in the TripAdvisor top 5 and well-placed for shopping.
10. Retire for a cigar or nightcap at the Garden Room bar hidden deep inside the Lanesborough. If you fancy celebrity-spotting in a more energetic atmosphere then head instead for the May Fair bar.
After this much food and drink, you may need to dance the night away to burn off all those calories…and spend the next day visiting some of London’s secret churches to get redemption for all your sins!
Photo credits: The Lanesborough Hotel, Hilton on Park Lane, Brown’s Hotel, Cavendish Hotel, One Aldwych.