The beauty of London is that it has something for everyone, whether you’re into culture, food, clubbing or even celeb spotting!
In this series of articles, London Hotels Insight brings you the capital’s top districts and some on-trend hotels to make the most of them.
We start in perhaps the most attractions-dense area of London: the South Bank. This area is one of London’s most popular cultural hotspots, with masses of things to see and do throughout the year.
Just stroll its length on the riverside walkway and you’ll see top cultural attractions like the Southbank Theatre and Tate Modern as well as capture iconic views from places like the OXO Tower and London Eye.
Our top picks:
- The exuberant street performers, for the sheer childish pleasure of life-like painted human statues and other performances;
- Bargehouse, for its avant-garde gallery space;
- Caffè Vergnano, for a coffee which even Gordon Ramsay rates!
- Vinopolis, true heaven for wine-lovers.
- Many street festivals and events depending on the season. Check the South Bank London and South Bank Centre websites for further info.
Don’t miss the chance to enjoy a ride on the London Eye while you are there, perhaps taking a “night flight” as we did.
Which hotel should you pick to sample the area’s many delights?
If you’re on a budget, London Hotels Insight recommends the Premier Inn County Hall: reasonably-priced, well-located (right opposite the Eye!) and with friendly, efficient service to boot, especially for families.
You could also opt for the brand-new Park Plaza Westminster Bridge – currently going through its “soft opening” and soon open to the public.
Photo credits: Premier Inn, Plaza on the River.