Hotel 41 has won fistfuls of awards and accolades, from Travellers Choice 2011 to Conde Nast Traveler’s ‘One of The Best Places in The World to Stay’. The ultra-discreet 5 star boutique London hotel – one of the few hotels in London closed to the public which whisks you up by private lift – is also now carving out a niche as one of London’s most romantic hotels.
And they’re doing nothing to quell this reputation with their most recent initiative: “perfect proposals“. The hotel’s staff now promise to plan every detail of your proposal, setting the perfect mood for you and your loved one to make it as easy as possible to pop the question. They’ll help you craft your magical moment with impeccable attention to detail and go to extraordinary lengths to meet any specific needs you may have.
With an apparent 100% success rate, the staff at 41 classify as experts on asking the biggest question of your life, so to help you they’ve listed 7 steps to secure a ‘yes’ from your partner. Here they are in full (courtesy of the Hotel 41 website), you can think of it as a romantic “user manual”:
1. Choose the perfect place – whether you decide to ask in the bedroom, in front of the fireplace or in the restaurant, maybe a picnic in the park or in a hot air balloon, we can help plan it.
2. Let us help you set the mood for the evening with a bottle of fine champagne on arrival or we can prepare a romantic turndown for your return to the hotel with candles, flowers, music and a bottle of vintage champagne to celebrate. You can make it as pure and simple or as romantic and silly as you like, we can arrange it!
3. We can also help with organising his and hers massages in the afternoon on arrival to help soothe nerves (yours!) and to ensure you both feel as pampered and special as possible.
4. Don’t want to go out? Then let us arrange a special candle lit supper, with oysters, asparagus and some chocolate dipped strawberries.
5. Over to you, the mood is set, the room is ready and the champagne is on ice. Take a deep breath and…
6. What to do the next morning? Once you have asked the magic question, and she has said yes, you want to celebrate in style. Have a champagne breakfast and then take her shopping, we will recommend the best boutiques and stores to head to.
7. And it doesn’t end there. Book “41” for 2 nights on your 1st anniversary to relive the memories of your special first time with us and we’ll upgrade you to one of sumptuous Junior Suites. We will even send you a reminder 2 months before just to make sure you don’t forget!
I especially enjoyed their disclaimer to these tips: “The owners, management, and staff of “41” are in no way liable for the happiness or otherwise of your marriage” – big claims, but ones that are backed up!
Tripadvisor user ‘HCBEssex’ for example proposed to his lovely lady at “41” and reported: “I booked a weekend at Hotel 41 to propose to my girlfriend… I thought this was the ideal place and I wasn’t disappointed. What sets the Hotel 41 apart is the standard of service you receive from the wonderful staff. Nothing is too much trouble and they deliver this excellent level of service in such an efficient yet unobtrusive manner… From my fiancée’s perspective, this was a perfect experience from the moment we walked in the door until the time we left… She said ‘yes’ of course!”
Hotel 41 has crafted a special ‘Romantically’ package, which includes a luxurious room, full English breakfast daily and a red rose upon arrival – perfect for your next romantic stay in London.
If any readers decide to test out Hotel 41’s credentials as a proposal spot, do let us know how you get on…we may even be willing to write a feature about your proposal experience on this blog if you tell us about it!
Photo credits: Hotel 41