London Hotels Insight provides up-to-date, independent advice for your perfect stay in London. We research guest feedback, meet management and identify hotels at the top of their game.
Celebrate the Diamond Jubilee with Base2stay.
Base2stay in Kensington are offering an affordable way to enjoy a weekend of Jubilee celebrations in London. Their Diamond Jubilee Package if far more budget-friendly than many of the capital’s super-expensive packages for the event – in-line with the chain’s “budget luxury” ethos.
From only £117 per room guests will receive:
- One night’s accommodation – based on 2 sharing
- A box of special Jubilee brownies on arrival
- A Royal London Bike Tour with Fat Tire Bike Tours
Like all base2stay guests, you’ll also be privy to discounts at many local restaurants and bars. If you’re making the Jubilee weekend a family affair, there are many child friendly local restaurants to choose from. And the hotel also provides mini-kitchens in every room, so if the kids are fussy eaters, or you’re sticking to a budget, you can eat in!
You won’t fall short of entertainment over Diamond Jubilee weekend, as there’s lots going on in the capital to mark the occasion. Here are our picks:
- Watch over 1000 boats take part in the Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant – one of the largest flotillas ever assembled on the river.
- Join the hordes as they feast together at the Big Jubilee Lunch.
- Check out the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Beacons (well, some of them); a network of 2,012 Beacons are to be lit by communities and individuals throughout the UK – look out for those in London.
… This is just a snapshot of the celebrations to be held – and whatever you’re doing, it’s bound to be a jubilant Jubilee weekend!
To book the base2stay Diamond Jubilee Package, call reception on +44 (0)20 7244 2255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ‘JUBILEE12’. Offer valid from Thursday 31st May to Tuesday June 5th.
Photo credits: Base2stay Kensington, Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant.