It’s expensive enough to visit London at the best of times. The costs literally “multiply” if you’re bringing your family in tow!
This makes it even more important to find a hotel offering genuine value.
And you may also want it to specifically cater to the needs of a family, not businesspeople or party animals!
We’ve therefore scoured the TripAdvisor reviews for you to identify London hotels which fulfil two key criteria:
- Good guest reviews from families who stayed in them.
- A room rate around or not much above £100 a night.
If our room rate hurdle is already too high, please consider an option like Travelodge which also has cheap hotels throughout London.
Our research found no Travelodges specifically matching our qualitative “family friendly” threshold, though some will undoubtedly be fine.
So here are three particularly family-friendly (and cheap!) hotels we’ve uncovered for you through our research of pricing and TripAdvisor reviews:
- Premier Inn County Hall. Premier Inn currently claims to be the UK’s largest hotel group by number of hotels. Its County Hall hotel (right by the London Eye!) has an unbeatable location. There is so much to do in the area (the South Bank) within walking distance and it’s also near the tube. Rooms are relatively large and well-priced. There is a good breakfast (free for up to two kids aged 15 and below). Lots of families stay there so the public areas are kid-friendly too. There are plenty of places to eat out with children just a few minutes walk away. Ask for a room with a London Eye view if possible.
- Luna & Simone Hotel. This modestly-priced hotel is both family-run and family-friendly. It consistently punches above its weight on TripAdvisor. The location is fairly central near Victoria with good bus and train connections to just about anywhere. But the main thing that families love is the friendly attitude of the staff. They’ll do everything they can to make you and your children feel perfectly at home.
- Base2stay. Although Base2stay is generally bit more expensive than the above options, it’s loved by families for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, Base2stay provides mini-kitchens (complete with fridge and microwave) and actually encourages you to bring back takeaways! This is great for feeding hungry mouths and will help you manage your budget during your stay in London. The hotel itself doesn’t offer food but the local area (Earls Court) has good restaurants and public transport links. There’s also a useful bunk bed room if you want to give a couple of your little brats their own accommodation! Do check out our video overview and recent guest reviews of Base2stay.
We hope that you found this review of London’s best family-friendly hotels on a budget useful. Do let us know if you come across any others!
Photo credits: Base2stay, Premier Inn County Hall (Whitbread), Luna & Simone Hotel.